Hey folks! We welcome the mild easing of restrictions in Victoria coming from Wednesday May 13th, but with some caution, given our state numbers have had some backsliding in the last week or so. But we trust our state government to be confident about the changes being made. On a federal level, while we do share concerns about the security of the COVIDsafe app, we have installed it on our static salon phone and would recommend if you want to use it, install it on a spare phone and carry with you JUST for that purpose, not install on your main phone.
As a result of the minor easing of restrictions, we have made some minor changes to our requirements for clients from 13th May, though most still stand:
- Confirm neither yourself, nor any of your bubble buddies, or friends you have seen under current social distancing rules from 13 May onwards have been ill within the last 14 days
- Wear a mask for your entire appointment. We will provide a disposable one for you free of charge if you do not have one, but recommend buying one of our washable & reusable ones if not so you can have something more sustainable for future use: we strongly believe in the highest level of personal responsibility, and you will be required to sanitise your hands on arrival and on leaving. We will be wearing masks too!
- Be willing to have your temperature taken with a non-contact temperature scanner on arrival with the understanding that if you are running a fever we will not be able to proceed with your appointment.
- Confirm you will use your own bathroom before attending your appointment as our bathroom will be closed to customers during the Covid19 crisis to minimise risk of spreading infection.
- Understand that we cannot serve our usually lovely teas and coffees and snacks, as we require a mask to be worn the entire time you are present in the salon, no exceptions for any reason. However you are VERY welcome to purchase snacks to take home!
- Agree not to bring any other persons to your appointment with you, as we are only allowing one stylist and one client in the salon at any time (plus one walk in customer for product purchases only who will not enter the salon area), to minimise risk of exposure.
We look forward to seeing a (small!) number of our friends in the near future and more of our clients, all while maintaining the stronger level of protection which we hope gives you more confidence in the safety of our salon to visit.