Hi people! Anyone who’s visited our website in the last couple of weeks will have noticed a little bit of a change – including some occasional disarray. But we are pleased to say that after about a year in the background of intentions and plans – finally wildilocks.com has had a long overdue makeover, and while there’s still a few snags here and there, largely the website seems to be functioning as intended after all our hard work re-jiggering everything. Apologies if you come across something that doesn’t seem quite right – we’re still finding a few quirks post-migration. But there’s so many awesome things – especially the new photo gallery with our awesome before & after comparisons! We hope you all enjoy the new site too and it helps showcase our long history a little bit better!
Masks & BATS!
Some people may be curious about the outcome of the fundraising drive during the bushfires for the Shoalhaven Bat Clinic, as part of our Cambridge Mask bulk purchase, which we’ve finalised over the last couple of weeks. As masks became much more sought after post-bushfires with the rise of Covid-19, we placed some unsold masks on eBay to increase fundraising. We’re pleased to announce that we have now finalised sales, and have transferred a donation of a whopping $1,327.58 to Shoalhaven Bat Clinic to continue their very important work. Thanks so much to everyone who bought a mask!
One of the unfortunate side effects of Covid-19 is that there has been a rise of fear of bats and so these lovely creatures truly need every bit of help we can give them, as important members of our ecosystems. Yes, they have amazing immune systems and so humans should be incredibly careful around them – but they need to be protected, not vilified.
COVID & our salon – action, NOT security theatre!
Obviously the world is now quite aware of the spread of Covid-19 and the reality is that it is likely to arrive in most communities eventually – but everything we can do to assist in slowing the spread will be helpful. As one of the few industries where direct contact with clients is 100% necessary for us to do our jobs, we understand that some clients may be concerned about the risks of having their hair maintained in the coming months.
We would like to remind people that, as a niche & specialist salon we do not have a high throughput of clients, and we are only open 4 days of the week, with bulk of clients on Saturdays. This means the risk of contracting Covid-19 in our salon is significantly lower than during such daily activities as going to a supermarket or catching a train. However, we are upping our hygiene protocols even further than normal to help with the community efforts of mitigation and reduce risk of transmission.
- Hand sanitiser available on arrival (as well as good old soap & hot water!)
- Single use disposable masks available for clients during appointments at no charge (the type used for basic face protection when doing nails, not Cambridge Masks – they are all gone!)
- Staff will wear single use masks during appointments on request, and no staff will work if even slightly sick
- All styling stations fully cleaned between clients with 100% isopropyl alcohol, which we have always had in the salon for cleaning (though we also use and recommend probiotic cleaners too!)
- If you are not feeling well PLEASE cancel your appointment in advance – we definitely appreciate your thoughtfulness: and we WILL ask clients who are visibly not well on arrival to go home, for the protection of our staff and community. We really would appreciate not being put in that awkward position, though!
We know these next few months are a bit of an unknown: they may be challenging, they may be less unsettling than we are expecting. We hope that we will be able to continue servicing our lovely clients through this time. If you are uncomfortable or unable to come in person, remember you can always order from our webstore for home delivery – noting we now also have a great range of healthy delicious snacks & self-care products at our sister-site, Wildélan.